Escape Campervans USA has earned a great reputation for having friendly and transparent terms and flexible costs. There are a few important points to consider as you plan your trip.
Important Planning Tips
Submitting a booking request does not mean your reservation is confirmed. Once Escape has received your booking request & confirmed availability, we then charge the $200 deposit and send you an official booking confirmation via email.
We advise you not to book airline tickets or campsites until you receive a booking confirmation from us.
Campervan Rental Terms
- Driver’s License/Proof of Identification: All drivers must hold a valid driver’s license for the entire rental period. The primary driver must have a major credit card in their name. Only drivers specified on the contract are allowed to drive Escape Campervans vehicles (we only require the plastic part for UK licenses). An international driver’s license, although recommended, is not sufficient on its own.
- Minimum Age to Rent a Campervan: You must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid drivers license.
- Vehicle Pick Up and Drop Off: Vehicles are available for pick up between 1 pm and 4 pm and must be returned between 8:30 AM and 10:00 AM on the agreed drop-off date. A full day rental charge will be applied if the vehicle is more than 1 hour late. There are no refunds for late pickup or early return of vehicles.
- Minimum and Maximum Rental Period: There is no maximum rental period. Our website quotes a minimum day rental. The longer you rent for, the cheaper it gets. The discount is built into the quote automatically.
You must have a VALID CREDIT CARD in order to rent
In order to rent a campervan, the primary renter must have a valid credit card on file that matches their name.
- Deposit: A US $200 deposit is required at the time of reservation. Once this deposit is received, the reservation will be confirmed. The remaining balance, plus any additional equipment, mileage packages or insurance selections are required upon pickup.
- Rates calculation: Rates are calculated per night. Where a rental crosses into another season, the rate will split to allow for the new season rate. This will be highlighted when you receive an online quote.
- Payments: Payment in the US can be made in cash, MasterCard or Visa (in US dollars). In Canada, we can not accept cash payments – only credit cards are accepted for payment in Canada.
Amendments and Extensions
- Booking amendments: It is possible to extend your rental without incurring a fee beyond the cost of the additional days (subject to availability). It is also possible to shorten your rental up to 14 days before pick up. Shortening a rental will be quoted as a new rental and will be subject to availability and calculated at the retail rate with any current specials not applicable.
- Rental Extensions: Should you wish to extend your rental whilst on hire, you must first obtain authorization from Escape. This is subject to availability. The additional days will be at the retail rate available at the time of extension. Failure to obtain authorization will result in late fees of up to double the value of your daily rental rate per day the van is late.
- Vehicle upgrades: Escape Campervans reserves the right to upgrade your booked campervan model. There would be no additional charge for an upgrade.
- Accessories: Failure of Escape Campervans to provide reserved accessories does not allow the cancellation terms to be null and void. Any accessories, other than the rooftop sleeper and bike racks, can be canceled on the day of pick up.
- If the confirmed campervan booking is canceled within 5 days after the booking has been made, we will refund your deposit in full (this does not apply to pickups within 14 days of booking).
- If the confirmed campervan booking is canceled after 5 days of booking, we will offer a credit of $200 towards a future reservation (does not apply to specials running).
- If the confirmed campervan booking is canceled within 14 days of pick up, an additional 20% cancellation fee will be charged on top of the nonrefundable deposit.
- If the confirmed booking is canceled within 2 days of pick up, or there is a no-show, we will charge full balance for the rental.
NEW Flexible Cancellation Policy
We realize that our National Parks are some of the most popular destinations for our renters. That’s why we like to be flexible when it comes to unexpected events like government shutdowns or closures. If you need to cancel your trip due to one of these reasons, please contact our reservations department at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 310 672 9909 (option 1) to speak with our team and as long as you give us at least 3 days notice prior to your pickup date, we will allow you to keep your $200 deposit on file with us for a future trip!
Mileage packages are not included in the daily rate. A miles package decision cannot be changed after you pick up. Note: all miles are averaged over the length of your trip.
Miles Package Options
|Miles||Eligible Trip Length||Santa Cruz, Mavericks, and Big Sur Model Cost||Newport Camper Cost|
|0 miles/day||Any||$0.25 per mile|
Without a miles package, you will be charged $0.25 for every mile driven during your trip.
|$0.35 per mile|
Without a miles package, you will be charged $0.35 for every mile driven during your trip.
If you go over the 100 miles per day averaged over your trip, the cost of additional miles is $0.25 per mile.
If you go over the 100 miles per day averaged over your trip, the cost of additional miles is $0.35 per mile.
|200 miles/day||7-13 days||$35/day|
If you go over the 200 miles per day averaged over your trip, the cost of additional miles is $0.25 per mile.
If you go over the 200 miles per day averaged over your trip, the cost of additional miles is $0.35 per mile.
No overage charges.
No overage charges.
Campervan Rental Insurance
Driving on unpaved roads (excluding county and state maintained roads), dirt roads, restricted areas and ‘off road’ areas is not allowed. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown, collision, or other, associated with operating Escape Campervans vehicles in these areas. Escape Campervans’ insurance protection will also be null and void. The following are restricted areas:
- Anywhere in Mexico, Baja California, Alaska, and the Northern Territories of Canada.
- Death Valley between the dates 1st May and 30th September.
- Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding county and state maintained road).
- Any off-road areas (dunes, Salt Plains, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, forest trails, dirt trails etc.).
- The Burning Man festival unless prior permission has been given and the mandatory grooming fee has been paid. Big Surs and Newport Campers are not allowed to attend Burning Man. A fee will be charged if renter fails to notify Escape Campervans and pay the extra cleaning fee for this festival.
Insurance for campervans and liability insurance: We pride ourselves on offering insurance options that accommodate our guests’ needs and are easy to understand. See full campervan insurance options.
The renter is fully liable for any damage to the Escape campervan or third party property if:
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- If the driver does not hold an appropriate driver’s license.
- Damage to the campervan is caused by careless, willful or reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving on unsealed or restricted roads or restricted areas.
- Water submersion or salt water damage occurs.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Escape Campervans vehicle models.
- Pet fee: We charge a $150 non-refundable pet fee (up to 2 pets allowed). With the exception of documented service animals, pets are not allowed during the months of July, August, and September. There is no charge for service animals with the appropriate documentation.
- All passengers, including those in the back, must use seat belts while the vehicle is in motion.
- Drivers must obey all local traffic & driving laws.