For 11 years we’ve been providing unique, safe, affordable and comfortable adventures to travelers around the globe. Health and safety have always been a top priority for us at Escape.
What we’re doing for our customers:
Our number one priority is keeping our customers healthy and safe while adventuring in our campervans. That’s why we have implemented serious guidelines and procedures for our staff and customers to follow to ensure everyone’s health and safety during this crisis.
- Enhancing cleaning processes for vans and depots
- Ensuring all of our facilities meet OSHA/CDC guidelines
- Installing sneeze guards at check-in desks
- Requiring customers to wear masks during the entire pick up and drop off process
- Surveying customers prior to pickup to ensure they have not been exposed, and denying them the rental if we have reason to believe they may be sick.
- Scheduling pickup appointments to minimize overlap between groups
- Only one person from the renting party will be allowed in the office at a time
- Offering contact-less drop-offs if desired
- Maximizing time between drop off and pickup whenever possible
- Educating our staff on COVID-19 disease and how we’re responding
What we’re doing to keep our employees safe:
- Adjusting shifts and schedules to minimize number of staff at facility at once
- Maintaining social distancing requirements
- Requiring all staff wear masks and gloves at work
- Testing temperatures daily
- Surveying our customers prior to arrival for van pickup
- Following all preventative measures per CDC and OSHA guidelines such as washing hands frequently for 20 seconds each, maintaining 6ft distance from others
- Requiring all staff who believe they have been exposed to get tested and remain home for 14 days quarantine
- Enhanced depot cleaning
- Educating our staff on COVID-19 disease and how we’re responding
A deeper look at our enhanced cleaning process:
Every year we evaluate and improve our cleaning process to make sure no detail gets overlooked. We’ve ramped up our cleaning process per OSHA and CDC to adapt to the additional risks that COVID-19 poses. Our head Groomer has successfully completed a training seminar on NCL Disinfection Procedures and COVID-19 Facility Preparation Training.
- Pre- and post-clean Lysol spray / wipe-down
- 80-point internal cleaning and detailing checklist
- Industrial-strength & eco-friendly cleaning supplies
- 3 extra layers of extra strength disinfectant to sanitize all of our surfaces in vans
- High-temp disinfectant wash for all bedding items
- Industrial-strength scrub cleaner for cushions & curtains
- High-temp wash of all kitchen equipment (cups, plates, silverware, etc.)
- Thorough cleaning & disinfectant of all camp equipment (sleepers, ladders, chairs, stoves, etc.)
The below list provides an example of our van cleaning checklist for a Mavericks or Big Sur model.
Depot closures & updates:
New changes and restrictions are coming into play by the hour, so we appreciate your patience as we adjust our operations accordingly. Our goal is to keep you as informed as possible. No depot closure updates as of 8/17/20.
Cancellations & rescheduling:
We stand by our customer service and understand that you may need to make changes to your plans. Please contact our reservations team with questions about your booking, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-270-8267 (option 1).
- If the confirmed campervan booking is canceled within 5 days after the booking has been made, we will refund your deposit ($250 US / $400 CAD) in full (this does not apply to pickups within 14 days of booking).
- If the confirmed campervan booking is canceled after 5 days of booking, we will offer a credit of $250 US / $400 CAD towards a future reservation (does not apply to specials running).
- If the confirmed campervan booking is canceled within 14 days of pick up, an additional 20% cancellation fee will be charged on top of the nonrefundable deposit.
- If the confirmed booking is canceled within 2 days of pick up, or there is a no-show, we will charge full balance for the rental.
Flexible COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
A reservation can be cancelled and refunded within five days of booking, as long as the pickup is more than 14 days away. Cancellations that occur more than 5 days past the booking date and at least 3 days prior to the pickup date for round-trip reservations (7 days prior to pick up date for a one-way rental), will receive a credit of $250 to be applied to a future reservation. When new dates are selected for the rebooking, higher or lower daily rates may apply. Cancellations within 3 days of the pickup date for round-trips and within 7 days on one-way trips, will result in the $250 deposit being forfeited and a 20% penalty on the entire cost of the trip. Cancellations within 2 days of pickup or a no-show will be charged in full. Reservations can be rescheduled without fees, but are subject to availability and higher or lower daily rates may apply to the new travel dates. Rescheduling must be done at least 3 days in advance of pickup for round-trips and at least 7 days prior for one-way trips. It is recommended to make alterations to travel dates as far in advance as possible to ensure availability.
Our 2021 Flexible COVID-19 Cancellation Policy is specifically designed to assure our guests that in the event of any future travel restrictions, government shutdowns or similar COVID-19 issues, we have relaxed our cancellation policy and will work with you such that you do not incur any penalties for needing to cancel due to COVID -19 related issues. We will continue our policy of flexible cancellations and flexible rescheduling of trips!
What you can do:
- Follow your local directives. We strongly recommend reviewing the regulations in place for your community and the communities to which you would like to travel. Rules vary from state to state and we will do our best to keep you informed.
- When in doubt, check the CDC and Travel Advisories to get the most up to date information and to make sure you’re safe while traveling.
- Before arriving for your pickup, confirm that you have not been exposed to someone with Coronavirus, and have not experienced any symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Take the precautions of washing your hands frequently, getting adequate rest, wiping down surfaces frequently, and avoiding contact with sick people.
- Continue to follow social distancing practices to minimize your exposure to others. Avoid group gatherings and social situations with groups of more than 10 people.
- Wear masks when in public, including during entire pick up and drop off process
Official COVID-19 resources:
Official travel & airline restrictions: