For 11 years we’ve been providing unique, safe, affordable and comfortable adventures to travelers around the globe. Health and safety have always been a top priority for us at Escape.
The coronavirus pandemic has impacted people, families, and businesses all across the globe. As more shelter-in-place orders take effect and people are instructed to stay at home, we have made the decision to draw back our operations and encourage folks to obey their local and federal directives to help stop the spread of this virus. While we may not be sending folks out on trips in the near future, it’s never too early to start dreaming of that next Campervan road trip. We are still accepting bookings for trip dates later this summer, fall and winter.
Please stay informed here with info about our closures, cancellations policies and changes we’ve made to keep our staff and our renters safe.
Depot closures & updates:
New changes and restrictions are coming into play by the hour, so we appreciate your patience as we adjust our operations accordingly. Our goal is to keep you as informed as possible.
Updated as of 3/30/20* | 3:00 MST
- Phoenix: Closed 4/1 – 4/15. Accepting bookings for trip dates after 4/15.
- Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas & Denver: Closed through 4/15 due to state-wide shelter-in-place. Accepting bookings for trips starting on or after 4/15.
- Seattle, New York, Portland: Closed until 4/30 due to state-wide shelter-in-place order. Accepting bookings for trips starting on or after 5/1.
- Miami: Limited availability. Contact reservations for rental inquiries.
- Calgary & Vancouver: Closed until 4/30. Accepting bookings for trip dates on or after 5/1.
- Salt Lake City: Tentative open date: 5/1/2020. Accepting bookings for trip dates on or after 5/1.
- Atlanta: Open for drop-offs only until 4/30. Permanently closed starting 5/1.
*For all of our guests currently on the road, we will continue to handle your drop-offs. Please note that the tentative reopen dates are subject to change based on city and state-wide orders which are out of our control. Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your booking. We appreciate your patience in advance!
Cancellations & rescheduling:
We stand by our customer service and understand that you may need to make changes to your plans, which is why we are choosing to be flexible with your plans as we navigate this uncertain time. Please contact our reservations team with questions about your booking, at email@example.com or 1-877-270-8267 (option 1).
Latest updates on the COVID-19 virus:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO) and rolling updates.
- COVID-19 Information & Travel Restrictions by Country
Official travel & airline restrictions:
- US Department of State
- United Airlines travel notices
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Lufthansa travel notices
- Air New Zealand
What we’re doing:
Every year we evaluate and improve our cleaning process to make sure no detail gets overlooked. Our teams are rigorously trained and all vans are triple-checked before going out to the next adventurer.
Here’s a quick rundown of our cleaning process:
- 80-point internal cleaning and detailing checklist
- Industrial-strength & eco-friendly cleaning supplies
- Extra strength disinfectant to sanitize all of our surfaces in vans and offices
- High-temp wash & disinfectant for linens, bedding items, cushions, and curtains
- High-temp wash for kitchen equipment (cups, plates, silverware, etc.)
What you can do:
- When in doubt, check the CDC and Travel Advisories to get the most up to date information and to make sure you’re safe while traveling.
- Take the precautions of washing your hands frequently, getting adequate rest, wiping down surfaces frequently, and avoiding contact with sick people.
- Flying on a plane? You might be worried, but here’s the truth: airlines are stepping up their cleaning methods and disinfecting planes with a variety of new industrial-grade cleaning chemicals. Read more above.
- Continue to follow social distancing practices to minimize your exposure to others. Avoid group gatherings and social situations with groups of more than 10 people.