We welcome travelers from over 35 countries – from expert campers to first-timers, from students to young families to baby-boomers. That’s why we have a flexible, easy-to-understand rate structure that can cater to all levels, capabilities & preferences. We pride ourselves on being transparent about what goes into our rates.
At Escape, our campervans start with a daily rate that includes everything you need to get things kicked off. Then, depending on what you’re looking for, your experience, and comfort levels, we have all sorts of packages and extras that cater to your needs. PLUS, the best part? Every rental will receive top quality service (avg. 4.8/5 customer rating) and exclusive local tips & trip recommendations.
Look out for hidden costs
As you do your research, make sure you look carefully at exactly what is included in the daily rate and what is not. It is best if you can look at your options apples-to-apples.
Over the years, we have developed user-friendly rental terms, uncomplicated rates, and flexible insurance options with transparent costs.
What’s Included in the Escape Rate?
- Guaranteed unique exteriors featuring hand-painted artwork.
- Custom-built bed fit out (with storage space).
- Kitchen fit out (w/ sink, refrigerator & propane stove).
- Dual battery system (with solar panel).
- Roadside assistance (24/7).
- No van preparation fee.
- No compulsory insurance charge on top of the daily rate.
- No charge for extra drivers (up to 4 drivers free).
- No young driver fees – must be 21 years old to rent.
- Escape Campervans only charges a US$200 deposit. You pay the balance when you collect your camper.
- Rates are calculated by night.
- Nightly rates change according to the season, as well as the length of your trip.
- The daily rate decreases the longer you rent: enjoy price breaks when you hit certain trip lengths (eg. 7, 14, 21 days).
- We don’t charge for the drop off day as long as you return by 10 am.
Mileage packages are not included in the daily rate. Check out our flexible mileage options below! Note: all miles are averaged over the length of your trip.
Miles Package Options
|Miles||Eligible Trip Length||Santa Cruz, Mavericks, and Big Sur Model Cost||Newport Camper Cost|
|0 miles/day||Any||$0.25 per mile|
Without a miles package, you will be charged $0.25 for every mile driven during your trip.
|$0.35 per mile|
Without a miles package, you will be charged $0.35 for every mile driven during your trip.
If you go over the 100 miles per day averaged over your trip, the cost of additional miles is $0.25 per mile.
If you go over the 100 miles per day averaged over your trip, the cost of additional miles is $0.35 per mile.
|200 miles/day||7-13 days||$35/day|
If you go over the 200 miles per day averaged over your trip, the cost of additional miles is $0.25 per mile.
If you go over the 200 miles per day averaged over your trip, the cost of additional miles is $0.35 per mile.
No overage charges
No overage charges
Included in the daily rate in the US is minimum liability insurance (please note, however, that state minimums vary, and usually only cover a very nominal amount). In Canada, the daily rate includes up to $1M CAD in 3rd party liability insurance. We do not collect a bond, freeze your credit card, or force you into taking extra insurance. For all the insurance details, please click here.
Our website quotes a minimum of 3 days for all locations. These short bookings will have a higher daily rate than a 7 day+ rental. One-way rentals will have a minimum length of hire depending on route.
Rates Price Breaks
The daily rate decreases the longer you rent.
- 3 Days
- 4 – 6 Days
- 7 – 13 Days
- 14 – 20 Days
- 21 – 34 Days
We do not publish our rates as they are constantly changing, but much like an airline, the further in advance you book, the more likely you will receive a cheaper price. Also, check out our specials page for great discounts and campervan relocation deals.