More Tips For Traveling During COVID With Kids
By Care Willink
I don’t know about you but we have heard the term “the new normal” quite a bit lately. Travel is going to look a lot different for us well into the future, and that’s especially true for those of us with children. We are here to give you some tips and tricks to make the flying part of your journey a bit easier!
Let’s start from the beginning with some great spots to book flights with some of our personal favorite airlines:
Frontier Airlines: This airline has a membership fee that you can sign up for making you eligible for free kids flights, up to age 12! Their covid policy states you must wear a mask at all times, sign a health acknowledgment, and do a quick temperature screening before you board.
Southwest Airlines: They will always have our hearts! They have the best customer service we’ve seen. If you are able to find a good-priced flight, it is well worth it! The covid policy includes leaving some seats empty and you must wear a mask at all times.
A Few Tips For Traveling During COVID With Kids
- Book the middle seat: This will help be sure you have both of your kids next to you.
- Have their own suitcase: -This, of course, helps you by not having to carry all of the things but this also will help keep their hands busy rather than touching everything at the airport! Our favorite kid’s suitcases are iFly Luggage and bags are Walker Family Goods
- Grab a “Lug a Bug”: Our most challenging task is maneuvering all of our things at the airport with kids to the car/shuttle and checking in our bags. Between hiking packs, suitcases, bags, car seats, and of course the kids – it’s truly overwhelming sometimes! A lug a bug can help keep your kiddos safe on the bag and it’s a fun ride! Zip it up once you check in your bag and be on your way.
- Have extra masks: Be sure and have multiple masks packed for the airport and the entire travel time. You will find the kids tend to toss or misplace them during the travel process! Check out Old Navy’s adjustable, stylish ones they run $12.50 for 5. There’s also a great comfortable brand called This Tribe of Three that day drops on masks. If you are lucky enough to snag one they are so comfortable for kids! They run about $10.00 each. Amazon also has some options, but be sure and read the reviews. In all, have them ready in every pocket! For extra coverage, there are also face shields for you and your kids.
- Carry sanitizer wipes: These are a great idea to pack so sanitizer isn’t spilling in your bag.
For more tips on traveling with kids, check out this recent blog post “Tips For Flying With Kids. While this ‘new normal” is always changing, we hope that your travel is just as fun and exciting as ever. Plan your next trip, rent an Escape campervan and have fun while staying safe out there!