Not a Skier? Here’s What to Do in Breckenridge, CO in the Winter
Trip Ideas & Guides, Winter Road Trips
By Allison Fitts & Lillian Robinson
Located about 2 hours west of the Escape Denver camper van rental site on I-70, the mountain town of Breckenridge, Colorado is a skier’s paradise. There are plenty of resorts, ski runs, and lifts to keep any skier busy. However, for the non-skier, like us, there is still plenty to do in Breckenridge, especially for the Escape campervan renter who is looking for a quick day stop. Check out this full day sample itinerary of what to do in Breckenridge in the winter!
- Breakfast at Blue Moose – This classic and cozy breakfast spot is a great way to start your day. We recommend fueling up on the Denver omelet before hitting the trails.
- Snowshoeing – There are plenty of places to rent snowshoes in town, or maybe you already have your own! Once you’ve got them, we recommend trying the trails by the Nordic center, as they are serene and beautiful in the morning, but also great for beginners.
- Lunch at Fatty’s Pizza – This pizza is second to none. Everyone in your group will walk away happy, as there is a pizza-by-the-slice deal that allows you to totally customize your slice. Pineapple, please!
- Tubing at Frisco Adventure Park – Though not that long of an activity, tubing is jam-packed with fun. Buy a one-hour pass and flu down the tubing hills as many times as you can muster.
- Escaping at Escape Room Breckenridge – There are plenty of fun storylines at this local escape room. This is a perfect activity to do as the sun starts to dwindle in the afternoon and it gets colder outside.
- Touring Breckenridge Distillery – Start your evening off right with a tour of the town’s distillery. You can tour the facility, plus taste samples of their vodka, whiskey, rum, and gin. Make this your first stop of the evening, as the last tour starts at 5:30 pm.
- Dinner at Mi Casa – Enjoy dinner overlooking all of the ski peaks and the Blue River that runs through town. You must get the mango duck quesadilla. Must.
- Gaming at Downstairs at Eric’s – Take a post-dinner stroll down Main Street taking in the scene, before heading down to Downstairs at Eric’s, an unexpectedly robust arcade for a small mountain town. From Big Buck Hunter to Galaga, they’ve got it all.
So now you have an idea of things to do in Breckenridge in the winter that are fun and don’t involve skis.
If you are a skier, be sure to check out this interview with some Swiss skiers who rented a campervan and skied all over Colorado and beyond. Then book your own campervan for your next Colorado adventure.