Conversion van rental USA
Campervan rental USASmall Campervan rental USACheap Campervan rental AmericaCampervans rental CaliforniaUSA Campervan rental reviewsConversion Van Rental USA Camping bus hire America Campervan hire USA Camper van rental America
Motorhome hire USASmall RV rental USABest Campervans to hire in AmericaMotorhome Rental CaliforniaMotorhome rental USACamper van hire America
German Whonwagen German Whonwagen French Camping Car Campervan Hire California Spanish Caravana

Conversion Vans, or Rental Campervans do not need to be difficult to understand. At Escape, we like to make things as simple and as easy as possible for you. From the booking process to the operation of the Camper to the Terms and Conditions, we aim for simplification and honesty.

There will always be a few uncertainties though, so below are the most frequent questions we are asked.

Frequently asked questions


Why is the Campervan holiday so popular in California?
California is simply one of the best places in the world to explore by campervan. The roads offer easy driving, there are fantastic beaches, excellent campsites and state parks, first class facilities, friendly locals and no set itinerary make the Campervan trip the perfect holiday.

Can I travel to other States and also up to Canada?
Unlike other companies, Escape allow you to travel to every State in the US and also up to Canada for no extra cost.
There is also no maximum hire length, so you can travel for as long as you like and our Roadside Cover will be available in all parts of America and Canada should you require assistance.

What options do I have for extra or unlimited miles ?
You have 3 options when you book your trip.
1) Stay with our standard mileage included with the rental of 100/day (This is averaged over your trip)
The cost of additional miles is 25 cents per mile.
Purchase an additional 100 miles for $15/Day (giving you a total of 200 miles/day) (Available for bookings 7+ days)
The cost of additional miles is 25 cents per mile for mileage greater than 200 miles per day averaged over your trip.
You can purchase unlimited miles at the start of your trip for only $19 per day. (Available for bookings 7+ days)

What are the public facilities like in America?
Campsites are of a very high standard in America with powered sites, full kitchens, TV and entertainment rooms, hot showers etc. Escape will supply you with a Campsite directory free of charge at the beginning of your trip. Prices are approximately $15-$25PP/Night.

Are there any hidden charges in your rates?
In America, most Campervan rental companies often offer a cheap lead in price and then add on all the extras such as mileage charges, compulsory insurance, living equipment, starter packs, extra drivers etc.
If you receive a cheaper quote than Escape offer, we advise that you research exactly what is being offered.
The unwary can get caught out by grabbing the cheap quote from another company only to find they end up paying over twice what they had initially budgeted on.
Escape Campervans have NO hidden charges.
Standard liability insurance and 100 free miles per day are included in your daily rate along with extra driver fees, all equipment, roadside support service, credit card fees etc.

When should I book my Campervan?
Escape are one of the first companies to fill up and even in the low season, vehicles are in high demand. For the high season months, it is advisable to book a couple of months ahead and in the low season at least a couple of weeks. If you are not that organised, contact us anyway as we often have things change at the last minute.

Can I choose my favourite painted Escape Camper?
When you book, list in the comments section your 3 favourite campers. We cannot guarantee we will be able to meet your request, but we will do our best. If you list either 'Scenic', 'Cartoon' or 'Native American' it will allow us a better chance of lining you up with a Campervan in the style you like.

What equipment is supplied with every Campervan?
Escape supply all the following free of charge with every rental. (We also include extra equipment if you have 4 people)

2 Pots, 1 Pan, 3 Bowls, 3 plates, 3 cups, 3 spoons, knives, forks, Misc cooking utensils (Fish slice, wooden spoon, can opener, bottle opener, sharp knife, chopping board)
110v Power chord and campground adaptor, Extension chord and multi plug strip, 2 Burner gas stove (with 2 gas canisters and box of matches)
3 Picnic chairs
Clean sheets, duvets, covers, pillows and pillow cases
Road Atlas and State parks camping guide.

Who paints your campervans?
We employ a range of very talented local artists who have achieved international acclaim. Each artist has their own style which ads to the variety of flavours in our fleet. If you are collecting a camper between March and June, you may well see our artists in action.

How old are your campers?
Our fleet is the newest of any budget fleet in America.
The Ventura has an average age of 2010 with a 2012+ fitout.
The Mavericks has an average age of 2009 with a 2011+ fitout
The Malibu has an average age of 2002 with a 2009-2011 fitout.

All our campers are serviced to a very high standard.

What make and model are your campervans?
Our fleet consist of Chevy Astro (Malibu), Ford E150(Mavericks) and Dodge Caravan (Ventura). These Campervans are among the most economical of any Van in the United States and are very well appointed.

Can I sleep anywhere or do I have to stay in a campground?
The beauty of traveling in an Escape Campervan in America is the total freedom it gives you, allowing you to access some of the most beautiful and unique places in America. The Department of Conservation runs a network of basic campsites set in some of the most stunning locations in America and Top 10 Holiday Parks offer world class campground facilities. We do ask that if you do free camp refer to individual cities laws relating to free Camping, please check for any 'No parking' or 'No Camping signs', respect the environment, the locals and leave only footprints. Check our links page for State Parks and Camping ground listings.

Do you provide travel information?
Yes, we provide personal itinerary advice at the start of your trip along with some regional guide pamphlets, State parks guides and Camping guides.
'The Escape Guide' is in production and will be available soon featuring all our hidden secrets on places to visit and things to do throughout California. It also provides discounts on Adventure tourism activities along with free Camping sites and much more. This guidebook will be available soon and emailed in web format when you book.

Do I need an International drivers license to hire an Escape Campervan?
As a foreign tourist coming to the U.S., you need a valid driver's license from your home country and it is also highly recommended to have an International drivers license, especially if you intend to be covered by our SLI (Suplimentary Liability Insurance)

What are your office hours and what hours can we pick up and drop off our Campervan?
Office hours:
Open 7 Days.
Monday to Saturday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Sunday and public holidays. 10am-4pm
(Closed Christmas day, Memorial day, New Years day,Thanksgiving day and Independence day)
Pick up and drop off hours:
Escape Campervans are the most flexible for pick up times. You can collect your Camper between 11am and 4.30pm.
New York and Miami pick up times must be aranged 48 hours prior to Campervan collection.

Like a Hotel, we charge by the night and not the drop off day. Vehicles must be returned by 10:00 a.m. on the agreed drop-off
date. A full-day rental charge will be applied once the vehicle is more than 1 hour late. You can request an extra day charge for a late drop off when you book, or you can wait until you are on tour and call us the day prior to drop off. If we don't need the Camper back by 10am the following day, we can usually allow a later drop off at no extra charge.

What about all the luggage I have?
The Malibu Campervan has approx 100 litres of storage space.
The Mavericks Campervan has 510 litres of storage space and the Ventura has 432 litres of space.
We do recommend you bring soft bags instead of hard cases. If you can't fit everything in, we can store bags in a secure lockup at our depot free of charge. We also offer a roof lockable storage box for $50 for your trip.

I don't want to draw attention to myself; Do you have any plain campervans?
Sorry, but we don't do boring. Surprisingly, locals and other travellers will assume you are a local who has painted their own Campervan, and hence the artwork allows you to blend in with the local community and the environment. (The people who stand out as tourists are in white box campervans)
Our clients experience positive and friendly contact with other travellers and locals through the artwork.

What is the minimum number of days that I need to hire an Escape Campervan?
Depending on the time of the Year, the minimum Rental will range from 3 days to 7 days. The longer you rent, the bigger the discount applied and auto calculated through our online quote and booking system.

How do I secure a campervan booking with Escape?
Escape only requires a USD$200 deposit to reserve a Campervan. The balance is not payable until you collect your Campervan. (Most companies require full payment 4 weeks prior to travel).

Are my credit card details safe?
Yes. A secure server is used when you are entering and processing your credit card details. You can check this is active by looking for the padlock symbol in your browser during processing. This means your data is being encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol.

What age do I have to be to drive an Escape campervan?
You need to be 21 Years of age. You will need to have a full drivers license to hire an Escape Campervan.

How far can I travel on a full tank of fuel?
Our campers have 27 Gallon (103L) Petrol tanks. Depending on the driving terrain and your driving style, you can travel approximately 595 Miles on a tank!! (Approx 1000km)

What is the cost of fuel in America?
The price of fuel is constantly changing. As a general rule, it's approximately a third of the price of fuel in the UK or Europe. Gas is currently at a 5 Year low in the USA and in many states is currently less than $3/Gallon. As there are 4 litres/Gallon, this means you only pay 60 Euro Cents/Litre or 0.47 GBP/Litre

How many people can travel in the camper with me?
Four people including the driver can travel in an Escape Camper. We will stock the Camper with enough sleeping and kitchen equipment for every person travelling.

What about travelling with young children?
As the rear seat has 2 very secure, 3 point seatbelts where child seats can be securely fitted, we have had many happy young families travelling with Escape. We also supply child seats for $30 to save you having to bring your own. Here is a link to some Happy Campers who recently took their 12 Month old around America:

Is there a charge for additional drivers?
No. Our costs include multiple drivers.

Am I insured for 3rd party injury or damage?
The daily rate includes 3rd party and liability cover to the levels set by the individual States. If your own travel insurance does not include liability cover to US$1,000,000, we can offer this to you for an additional $9.95/day. (This is totally optional)
For all the details on Campervan and 3rd part liability Insurance, please click here

Are the Camper transmissions manual or auto?
We provide automatic transmission campervans. If you have not driven an Automatic before, don't worry as it's very easy and we will give you a quick lesson before departure.

Will we be warm enough in winter?
You most certainly will. All our campers have heaters and two warm winter comforters. Most other companies charge extra for these items, but Escape include these for free. For more information on traveling with an Escape Campervan in winter, please click here.

Do all campervans have stereos?
Yes, all campers have CD players with MP3 and IPOD hookups and AM/FM stereo. To run your iPod or MP3 player through the Stereo, you should bring a 3.5mm line to line chord to plug into the front face. These are available to buy from our depots for $5

Is bedding provided?
Clean sheets, duvets, covers, pillows and pillow cases along with cutlery, pots, pans, cooking elements are all provided FREE, all you need is your clothes.

Should I book camp sites in advance?
Generally no, however if you are traveling between 1st June and 1st September, you may have to book the more popular sites in advance. You can prebook Camping sites at:
When you book a Camping site, please note that you can choose the minimum voltage power site: 15 or 20amps is ample and the cheapest. You may also need to specify the length of the Campervan which is 16ft.

Can I hire extra items?
Yes, we hire picnic tables, Snow Chains, Rooftop storage boxes, Picnic tables, GPS navigation, Tents, Awnings, solar showers and child seats.

What side of the road do you drive on in America?
In America we drive on the Right hand side of the road. The Land Transport America website has a page dedicated to informing overseas drivers about USA driving laws.
For more information, click on the following link.



Cheap Motorhomes America

Conversion van rental USA

Conversion van rental USA